Friday, June 22, 2012

Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real

This is me, capturing contentment from this week.  Amidst the chaos of there being so many things to do, and so many more that I want to do, I'm trying to remember to take deep breaths and just focus on today.  I am putting off that which doesn't need to be dealt with right now, and trying to stay busy without becoming frenzied.  Here's to the lovely women at Like Mother, Like Daughter.


{Pretty}


This is an organization board that I made, courtesy of a discovery through pinterest (which is really feeding my craft addiction quite well).  It is now hanging up on my kitchen wall and I love it!  The top frame includes a daily, weekly, and monthly cleaning list.  I still don't get all of these things done, but having the visual reminder on the wall now does help!  Here is the original link.


{Happy}


There are no two ways about it: life has been HARD lately.  I've been really riding the stress express train, so I've been trying to get creative.  I've baked two batches of cookies in the last week.  These ones above (just regular old chocolate chip) were the best I've ever made.  It's all about getting them out of the oven when they still look "raw" on top.  I always forget that they continue to cook sitting on the sheet, and that "just two more minutes" inevitably leads to burned bottoms (and no one wants that!).

{Funny}


Gabby (the trusty beagle) was clearly not amused, but I thought it was pretty funny that my little guy wanted to take her for a walk.
{Real}


This is going to be a beautiful rug someday, but right now it is just a tangled tangled mess.  I'm going to keep plugging away at it, until it looks like this.  I am really learning a lot during this process, but am looking forward to finishing it!  This will be going in the kitchen, which is currently rugless because of aformentioned beagle.

No comments: